Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Rough Draft

Rodriguez 1

Erika Rodriguez

Professor Knapp

English 1B

October 18, 2011

A Change Of Heart

            My name is Erika I was born and raised in San Jose, CA. I have always lived with my parents Juan and Estela. I come from a numerous family, so I have always been surrounded with cousins my age. In addition, I grew up with my one year older sister Edith. Even though my sister and I are so different there was a time when we enjoyed playing games with our cousins like hide-and-seek, tag, karaoke, or something as simple as riding bikes. I remember my childhood; as exactly that, childlike. I enjoyed playing with my Barbie’s. Dressing them up in elegant puffy dresses, combing their soft gold like hair; and accessorizing every bodily inch with jewelry, purses, shoes, make-up, and everything you could think of. I don’t recall not once having to think about possible problems that were occurring in my family. Being a child and not realizing my surroundings was what made my childhood memorable. In Persepolis, by Marjane Satrapi we witnessed the awareness and knowledge this child has during the Islamic Revolution. The character, Marjane changed from a child to a very strong opinionated young lady who fights for what she believes. In this book we noticed how class distinctions were made which caused Marjane to rebel against her religion and family beliefs.

            Money played a very important role in this book because this helped Marjane’s family get away with many dangerous situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment