Friday, September 9, 2011

Iam

      Iam a twenty three year old wife, mother, and student. I consider myself honest, hardworking, responsible, and persistent. I’ am a tall, slender dark featured woman. I am Hispanic, born in California on March 17, 1988 from Mexican parents originated from Guadalajara, Jalisco. Mexican blood runs through my veins and most people’s first impression about my heritage would think me Persian. I believe it is my dark colored eyes, eyebrows, and hair that people resemble with the Persian people. I was raised with the same customs as my parents regarding religion, marriage, and culture. I was married by the Catholic Church on July 11, 2009. My interests are having fun with the people I love. I enjoy going out with my husband to places I have never been to. I also enjoy going out with my friends during the day to the mall, restaurants, or often times take our mutual children to the park. My life became a routine with no direction to the future.      
       Being a full time housewife made me realize that I definately want to accomplish more. In 2009 I was a full time student at San Jose City College. My goal was to continue with school to become a registered nurse. I was engaged, but was not planning to have any children until all my goals were accomplished; however, my life had an unexpected turn. I found out I was two months pregnant. At the time all my dreams had vanished in just a few seconds. I tried to continue attending school, but the morning sickness was unbearable. After a long period of thinking and hours of consultation with my husband regarding the decision I was about to make. I finally came to the conclusion that I would take a short break from school and would have my whole concentration on my married life. My son Alexis is now twenty-one months old and I am now a current student in college.
    Many decisions have changed after a two year break. I noticed that I am not as talented for school as I would like to be. I have always stumbled through school regardless of the subject. It has always frustrated me that I always try to do my best on every class. An example would be when I would end up studying up to five hours for a test or final thinking I would easily accomplish a well deserved grade. To my disappointment, I would receive my grades with no higher than a C. I determined that as much as I would like to be a nurse other options are also available. I gave it a lot of thought of what I enjoyed doing and was good at. I decided to go for cosmetology. It is a short career that I can manage without neglecting my son.

1 comment:

  1. Fist of all congratulations for deciding to continue your education. I commend you for that. Now, you have one great motivation to accomplish your dreams, your son. The example you will be giving him by obtaining an education will be priceless! Your son will surely be very proud of his mom. Keep it up and never give up no matter how long it takes and how hard it may seem to be.

    ReplyDelete